Daryl Lang: Resume
- A versatile editor, writer, and marketing leader with 10+ years of experience.
- Experience creating award-winning, analytics-driven editorial content for media brands, high-tech enterprise companies, and startups.
- Comprehensive understanding of a variety of marketing tools, including WordPress, HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Centerline Digital, Raleigh, NC
Senior Writer, January 2017 to present
- Writer for a digital and video marketing agency with an emphasis on high-tech enterprise products. Clients include IBM, Spectrum, and SAS.
TurnTo Networks, New York, NY
Director of Marketing, December 2015 to September 2016
- Oversaw marketing for a B2B technology company that delivers customer ratings and review software for online retailers.
Marketing Consultant, New York, NY
October 2015 to December 2015
- Worked as a contract marketing consultant for Quiet Revolution, a provider of online learning and corporate training experiences.
FieldLens, New York, NY
Managing Editor, July 2014 to September 2015
- Led marketing for a startup that builds software for construction companies.
- Successfully planned, executed, and measured marketing programs that tripled monthly free trial signups.
- Cultivated the FieldLens style and owned all brand voice decisions.
- Oversaw website and blog content, email campaigns, ebooks, videos, infographics, and ad creative.
- Managed SEM and social/mobile advertising strategy.
- Managed a copywriter and a social media/events/P.R. manager. Worked with a team of freelance writers and designers.
- Led the team that won best website and honorable mention for social media in the Society for Marketing Professional Services New York Awards (2015).
Shutterstock, New York, NY
Managing Editor, 2014 to June 2014
Copy Manager, 2013 to 2014
Senior Copywriter, December 2009 to 2013
- Managed branded content for a fast-growing stock image and video marketplace.
- As copy manager, oversaw all copy for Shutterstock’s advertising, marketing emails, company reports, sales materials, social media, direct mail, and event collateral.
- Internationalized Shutterstock’s content marketing for audiences in North America, Brazil, France, Germany, and Japan.
- Managed an in-house staff of 7 copywriters writing in 5 languages. Collaborated closely with a team of designers.
- Was part of the early team that helped Shutterstock grow from a startup with 70 employees to a publicly traded company with 400+ employees and $327 million in annual revenue.
- Led the team that won first place for Best Brand Blog and was a finalist for Best Infographic in the Digiday Content Marketing Awards (2014), and earned a nomination for Best Blog-Business in the Webby Awards (2014).
Photo District News, New York, NY
Online Managing Editor, 2009 to December 2009
News Editor, August 2005 to 2009
- Led news coverage at PDN (Photo District News), a Nielsen Business Media magazine serving the professional photography industry. Launched two successful blogs, PDNPulse and PDN Photo of the Day.
- Spoke at trade shows and seminars for photographers.
- Was part of the team that won four Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards, including best blog (2009) and best single issue (2007, 2008, 2009).
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, New York, NY
Associate Research Editor, 2004 to July 2005
Copy Editor, 2003 to 2004
Editorial Assistant, September 2002 to 2003
- Worked with the award-winning Martha Stewart creative team to develop packaging and collateral for several successful lines of merchandise.
- Reviewed copy for adherence to brand standards and legal compliance.
The Sentinel, Carlisle, PA
News reporter, August 2001 to August 2002
- Reported stories for a daily afternoon newspaper in Carlisle, PA.
- Coverage areas included government, public safety, and education.
- Won first place for business reporting in the Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors Awards (2001).
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Graduated 2001 with a B.A. in journalism, Spanish minor.