Daryl Lang: Resume
Centerline Digital, Raleigh, NC
Senior Writer, January 2017 to present
- Provide editorial leadership for a marketing agency that serves high-tech enterprise clients.
- Collaborate closely with video editors, designers, and web developers.
- Write and edit digital and video content for clients including IBM, Spectrum, and SAS.
TurnTo Networks, New York, NY
Director of Marketing, December 2015 to September 2016
- Oversaw marketing for a reviews platform to online retailers.
- Managed email campaigns, a Wordpress site, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Pardot marketing automation, public relations, event collateral, and digital content.
- Reported to the CMO and collaborated with a distributed team of marketers, developers and designers.
FieldLens, New York, NY
Managing Editor, July 2014 to September 2015
- Led marketing for a B2B software-as-a-service startup that serves the construction industry. Successfully planned, executed, and measured marketing programs that tripled monthly free trial signups.
- Managed 2 full-time direct reports and a small team of remote freelancers in a Scrum Agile environment.
- Led the team that won Best Website and honorable mention for Social Media in the Society for Marketing Professional Services New York Awards (2015).
Shutterstock, New York, NY
Managing Editor, 2014 to June 2014
Copy Manager, 2013 to 2014
Senior Copywriter, December 2009 to 2013
- Led copywriting and content marketing for a highly successful stock image and video marketplace. Helped Shutterstock grow from a startup with 70 employees to a publicly traded company with 400+ employees and $327 million in annual revenue.
- Managed an in-house staff of 7 copywriters writing in 5 languages. Collaborated closely with a team of designers.
- Oversaw all copy for Shutterstock’s content marketing, advertising, marketing emails, company reports, sales materials, social media, direct mail, and event collateral.
- Was part of a team that won first place for Best Brand Blog and was a finalist for Best Infographic in the Digiday Content Marketing Awards (2014), and earned a nomination for Best Blog-Business in the Webby Awards (2014).
Photo District News, New York, NY
Online Managing Editor, 2009 to December 2009
News Editor, August 2005 to 2009
- Led news coverage at PDN (Photo District News), a Nielsen Business Media magazine serving the professional photography industry.
- Launched two successful blogs, PDNPulse and PDN Photo of the Day, and created the @pdnonline Twitter account.
- Spoke at trade shows and seminars for photographers.
- Was part of the team that won four Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards, including best blog (2009) and best single issue (2007, 2008, 2009).
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, New York, NY
Associate Research Editor, 2004 to July 2005
Copy Editor, 2003 to 2004
Editorial Assistant, September 2002 to 2003
- Worked with the award-winning Martha Stewart creative team to develop packaging and collateral for several successful lines of merchandise.
- Reviewed copy for brand standards and legal compliance.
The Sentinel, Carlisle, PA
News reporter, August 2001 to August 2002
- Reported stories for a daily afternoon newspaper in Carlisle, PA.
- Coverage areas included government, public safety, and education.
- Won first place for business reporting in the Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors Awards (2001).
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Graduated 2001 with a B.A. in journalism, Spanish minor.