· Writer · Marketing strategist · Team leader · Nice person
- Content strategy
- Creative team management
- Branding & brand voice
- Video scripts
- Landing pages & conversion copy
- Ebooks and infographics
- Email marketing
- SEO & SEM
- Social media ads
- HTML & CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Marketing automation
Red Hat, Raleigh, NC
Content Strategist - April 2019 to present
- Currently developing marketing content for the leading open-source software company.
Centerline Digital, Raleigh, NC
Senior Content Writer – January 2017 to March 2019
- As an agency copywriter, delivered creative content and strategy for clients including IBM, Centurylink and Spectrum.
- Collaborated with a creative team to produce videos, websites, interactive experiences and presentations.
TurnTo Networks, New York, NY
Director of Marketing, December 2015 to September 2016
- Led content marketing for a ratings-and-reviews software platform for online retailers.
- Oversaw email campaigns, a Wordpress site, paid search campaigns, paid and organic social media, marketing automation, public relations and events.
FieldLens, New York, NY
Managing Editor, July 2014 to September 2015
- Led content marketing, including blogging, ebooks, digital ads, and email marketing for a mobile app startup serving the construction industry.
- Collaborated with a direct sales team to execute and measure campaigns using an integrated HubSpot-Salesforce marketing automation platform.
- Managed a team of in-house and freelance writers.
Shutterstock, New York, NY
Managing Editor, 2014 to June 2014
Copy Manager, 2013 to 2014
Senior Copywriter, December 2009 to 2013
- Oversaw copy for content marketing, advertising, marketing emails, company reports, sales materials, social media, direct mail and event collateral.
- Contributed to brand strategy, including brand voice for Shutterstock as well as the Bigstock and Offset brands.
- Managed a writing team that produced localized content in 5 languages.
PDN Magazine, New York, NY
Online Managing Editor, 2009 to December 2009
News Editor, August 2005 to 2009
- Wrote and edited news stories for PDN (Photo District News), a Nielsen Business Media magazine serving the professional photography industry.
- Oversaw PDN’s website, blogs and social media accounts.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, New York, NY
Associate Research Editor, 2004 to July 2005
Copy Editor, 2003 to 2004
Editorial Assistant, September 2002 to 2003
- Worked with the Martha Stewart creative team to develop packaging and collateral for several successful lines of merchandise.
- Reviewed copy for brand standards and legal compliance.
The Sentinel, Carlisle, PA
News reporter, August 2001 to August 2002
- Reported stories for a daily afternoon newspaper in Carlisle, PA.
- Coverage areas included government, public safety, and education.
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Graduated 2001 with a B.A. in journalism, Spanish minor.